The ACM SIGARCH Alan D. Berenbaum Distinguished Service Award is presented to an individual who has contributed important service to the computer architecture community. This award is presented annually at the International Symposium on Computer Architecture Awards Banquet. This year’s recipient will be invited to accept the award at ISCA 2018. Recipients receive a memento engraved with their name along with a $1000 honorarium. The award recipient also receives up to $2000 towards support for travel costs, including airfare, hotel, and conference registration for ISCA. The recipient is listed with a citation for their award on the SIGARCH Alan D. Berenbaum Distinguished Service Award webpage.
Nominations should consist of:
1. Name, address, phone number and email of person making the nomination.
2. Name, affiliation, address, email, and telephone number of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
3. A statement (between 200 and 500 words long) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question. Note that the award is given for service that goes above and beyond traditional service.
4. 4-7 letters of support. Include the name, affiliation, email address, and telephone number of the letter writer(s). Supporters of multiple candidates are strongly encouraged to compare the candidates in their letters.
5. State any conflicts of interest (COI) between the nominee and any committee members. Refer to the ACM COI guidelines (item 7) to determine what constitutes a COI. Please state explicitly if there are no conflicts.
Please send all your nomination materials as one pdf file no later than March 15, 2018 to the Chair of the Nominating Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).