Call for Paper: PDP 2020
28th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing (PDP) Västerås, Sweden (March 11-13, 2020)
selected high-quality papers from the main track of PDP will be considered to appear in
Elsevier Journal on Microprocessors and Microsystems (MICPRO),
Elsevier Journal of Systems Architecture (JSA), and
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing has undergone impressive change over recent years. New architectures and applications have rapidly become the central focus of the discipline. These changes are often a result of cross-fertilisation of parallel and distributed technologies with other rapidly evolving technologies. It is of paramount importance to review and assess these new developments in comparison with recent research achievements in the well-established areas of parallel and distributed computing, from industry and the scientific community. PDP 2015 will provide a forum for the presentation of these and other issues through original research presentations and will facilitate the exchange of knowledge and new ideas at the highest technical level.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Parallel Computing: massively parallel machines; embedded parallel and distributed systems; multi- and many-core systems; GPU and FPGA based parallel systems; parallel I/O; memory organisation.
- Distributed and Network-based Computing: Cluster, Grid, Web and Cloud computing; mobile computing; interconnection networks.
- Big Data: large scale data processing; distributed databases and archives; large scale data management; metadata; data intensive applications.
- Models and Tools: programming languages and environments; runtime support systems; performance prediction and analysis; simulation of parallel and distributed systems.
- Systems and Architectures: novel system architectures; high data throughput architectures; service-oriented architectures; heterogeneous systems; shared-memory and message-passing systems; middleware and distributed operating systems; dependability and survivability; resource management.
- Advanced Algorithms and Applications: distributed algorithms; multi-disciplinary applications; computations over irregular domains; numerical applications with multi-level parallelism; real-time distributed applications.
The following special sessions will be organized within the conference:
- GPU computing and Many Integrated Core Computing
- Advances in High-Performance Bioinformatics and Biomedicine
- Security in Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Computing
- Energy Efficient Management of Parallel Systems, Platforms, and Computations
- Cloud Computing on Infrastructure as a Service and its Applications
- High Performance Computing in Modelling and Simulation
- On-chip parallel and network-based systems
- High Performance Computing for Neuroscience
- Storage architectures and Data Transfer systems for BigData and Exascale Computing
Paper Submission: Prospective authors should submit a full paper not exceeding 8 pages in the IEEE Conference proceedings format (IEEEtran, double-column, 10pt) to the conference main track or to Special Sessions through the EasyChair conference submission system (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pdp2020) with an indication of the main track or the name of the Special Session.
Double-bind review: the paper should not contain authors names and affiliations; in the reference list, references to the authors’ own work entries should be substituted with the string “omitted for blind review”.
Publication: All accepted papers will be included in the same volume, published by the IEEE Computer Society’s Conference Publishing Services (CPS). Conference proceedings will be indexed, among others, by IEEE explore, DBLP, Scopus ScienceDirect, and ISI Web of Knowledge.
Registration: At least one of the Authors of accepted papers should register and present their papers at the Conference.
Registration: Aros Congress Center in Västerås
Paper submission: 25th Aug. 2019
Acceptance notification: 15th Oct. 2019
Camera ready due: 10th Nov. 2019
Conference: 11th – 13th Mar. 2020
Moris Behnam, Masoud Daneshtalab, Alexandra Jimborean,
Leporati Francesco, Mikael Sjödin